Thursday 26 July 2012

Favourite model of the moment: Arizona Muse

I'll admit, I first heard about her because of her connection to Freja Beha Ericksen, but I recently decided to have a look at her Fashion Spot thread and was absolutely amazed! Arizona apparently appeared on the fashion scene radar in 2008 but took a break thereafter in order to have her son. A year and a half and one pretty haircut later she started making a name for herself in the industry. On her debut fashion week she walked numerous runways including Prada and landed various editorial jobs. She has already appeared in many campaigns (such as Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton, and Isabel Marant) and magazine spreads (most recently in Vogue Paris). It was just announced that she will be the new face of Estee Lauder. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly that makes her so appealing - she's obviously very beautiful, but I think she also possesses an old Hollywood glamour and grace that translates great on the photographic lense. A good model must of course be a chameleon and Arizona definitely succeeds in that aspect in my opinion. I showed some pictures of her to my mum (granted in them Arizona sported drastically different hairdos) and she couldn't believe it was the same person! Moreover, if her interviews are anything to go by, Arizona seems genuinely down to earth and very serious about her work. She also participated in a fund-raising effort along with other famous models for the 'Doctors without borders' organization. I really hope Arizona will stay in the bussiness for many years to come and I look forward to see what the fashion future holds for her. Which are your favourite models of the moment? Please share in the comments below!


7 comments:

  1. She is pretty and like your mum, I can't believe that it is the same person in those photographs o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has the kind of features that can be transformed with make-up to create many varied looks. Lucky her! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'll have a hard time identifying her in shots. Some models have very definite looks but she's definitely a chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She truly is. I think the only way to identify her is by her eyebrows - they are quite unique!

      Delete
  3. I love her too, she;s just stunning, and has great street style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does! I've seen pictures of her before and after shows during fashion week and she always looks lovely - put together and modern! Thank you for your comment, I've meant to say, I've been loving your photos from Greece, makes me so glad you like my country! :):)

      Delete
  4. I just visited your blog - it's awesome, especially the design! I just added you! :) Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! Many kisses!

    ReplyDelete